EMPLOYEE / LABOUR RELATIONS
The leading Labour legislation and Labour Consulting and training services across the African Continent, by highly experienced Associates and Attorneys. Our services range from consulting to any size company, to in-house training and public seminars.
Forming Strategic partnerships with our clients based on a solid foundation of networking & strong relationships that have been forged over a number of years. These partnerships are carefully calculated relationships developed between our business and yours that involve working with each other toward a collective goal.
* Advice on all Labour related matters.
* Outsourcing strategies
* Company representative on all labour related matters.
RESTRUCTURING AND RETRENCHMENTS
Designing and implementing restructuring strategies and projects in compliance with legislative requirements and labour relations world class practice. This is done with minimal impact and disruption through proper engagement to allow for a more productive work environment that is aligned to a sustainable organisational strategy.
* Retrenchment strategy & management.
* Restructuring strategy & management.
* Drafting & Negotiating Mutual termination and Retrenchment agreements.
* CCMA & Union negotiations.
DISCIPLINARY & PERFORMANCE CONSULTATION AND SUPPORT
Effective management intervention in the handling of misconduct and performance improvement consultation in the workplace by ensuring appropriate processes and procedures are followed and providing sound advice, guidance and representation for disciplinary actions, performance consultations and grievances.
* Chairing of disiplinary hearings
* Preparing parties for disciplinary hearings
* Advising management on disciplinary & performance matters.
POLICIES AND PRACTICES
We will spend time with your management and HR Team to measure the effectiveness of your current labour related policies, procedures and practices to ensure their alignment to the relevant labour legislation and your organisational objectives.
* Design of HR /IR policies,procedures and contracts.
* Development and implementation of HR/IR policies and procedures.
* Negotiating employment terms and conditions.
* HR /IR Policies, procedures and practice audits.
Management teams spent a lot of time on employee engagement initiatives, however these are not always enough to prevent disputes or strike action in the workplace. We provide support and legal advice to mitigate and manage these actions in order to normalise the work environment as soon as possible to return to a productive and high performing company.
* Dealing with Trade union matters & interface.
* Drafting & negotiating recognition agreements.
* Dispute Resolution.
* Strike handling.
LEGAL CONSULTATION AND SUPPORT
We will help the client to pro-actively manage their legal exposure and identify and deliver on the activities and specialist support needed for litigation effectively.
* Industrial relations audits
* Legal advice and representation in CCMA & Labour court.
* Drafting and negotiating any labour related legal contracts.
* Writing Legal opinions
* Lawyer letters or Letters of demand.
TELEPHONIC CONSULTATION AND SUPPORT
We offer our clients a telephonic consultation and support service by a qualified attorney , who will act as your first point of advice for immediate legal advice on all labour related matters and events.
* Legal advice
* Preparation for employee and union engagements.
* Verbal legal opinions
LABOUR RELATED TRAINING
We offer our clients a wide variety of bespoke labour related training.
* Basic Conditions of Employment Act
* Industrial relations & Labour Relations Act
* Changes and dangers in labour law
* Retrenchment & Restructuring
* Discrimination and sexual harassment
* Employment equity and affirmative action
*Internet & electronic communications in the workplace
*Managing non-performance in workplace
*Preparing for and chairing disciplinary hearings
* Managing trade unions at the workplace
*Effective wage negotiations
We are in the business of helping good people prevent and overcome bad situations.