The HR Hub
My client is looking for a dynamic HR & Admin Officer to join their team and to support the day-to-day activities of this beautiful 4-star lodge.
HR & Admin Officer responsibilities include processing employee data, updating company policies and assisting in the hiring process. To be successful in this role, you should have solid organisational skills and be familiar with HR functions.
Ultimately, you will make sure all HR operations run smoothly.
Provide full office HR administrative support to Management.
This role is a mixture of HR and administration and daily duties including assisting in a company’s recruitment process, liaising with recruitment agencies, administering HR documentation such as employment contracts and setting up interviews. This role will include developing the lodge’s procedures and policies in relation to staff. Typical tasks include talking to staff about any issues they may have, overseeing employee health and safety and training staff.
Certificate, degree, diploma or other relevant qualification relating to Human Resources
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office coordination
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of record-keeping
- Excellent command of the English language, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Knowledge and principles of Human Resources Practices
- Demonstrate the aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
- Strong HR administrative skills
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and carry out assigned tasks to completion
- Manage time and resources well and demonstrates good organisational abilities
- Work under pressure when required
- Committed, motivated and able to achieve tasks in the required time frame
- Positive attitude
- Continuously pursues to improve skills through on the job or external training
- Able to prioritise important matters and act on them accordingly
- Strong interpersonal skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Human Resources Office
- Knowledge of South African laws and HR compliance and regulations
- An understanding of, and insight into, the BCEA, LRA, OHS, EE and POPI Acts
- Previous experience with counselling and conflict resolution
- Understand and liaise between cultural differences
- Set up, guide and record staff meetings
- Run and handle coaching sessions
Must have solid previous experience in a similar role
- HR Compliance
- Conflict Resolution
- Strong Admin
- HR Practices
Desired Qualification Accreditation